I LOVE salads! And even though creamy dressings are my favorite, I do love a great vinaigrette.
This one is modeled after Maggiano’s house dressing, which I discovered nearly 20 years ago and never forgot. The vinegar and ground mustard give it a tang, the garlic and shallot bring depth and intensity, the oregano, basil, and thyme, some herbaceousness, and finally, the sugar brings a touch of sweetness to the party resulting in a well-balanced and delicious salad dressing.
discover. cook. enjoy.
gf explorers House Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 cup Healthy Harvest Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Measure and Mix
- Gather your ingredients.
- Mince the shallot and the garlic and add to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Measure and add all ingredients EXCEPT the oils to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Measure both oils into one measuring cup with a spout.
Add The Oils
- With the measuring cup of oil in one hand and whisk in the mixing bowl of ingredients, slowly drizzle the oil into the bowl and whisk vigorously to create the emulsion.
- After all the oil is incorporated, the dressing will thicken. Pour into a container (or two) and refrigerate.
- I like to use a squeeze bottle (see link above in equipment section) for my vinaigrette which makes "remixing" before you use very easy. Just shake and pour.