I don’t know why, exactly, but I have always hated chicken burgers. They could never reach the flavorful level of beef burgers, so I purged them from my life. But lately, I felt like I needed more chicken in my food life, so I reconsidered the chicken burger. Why not? Their a bit healthier than beef burgers and variety is the spice of life, right? But I had to get the recipe just right, or I would never eat one again.
I knew I had to make them juicy and full of flavor with a texture not as soft as a crab cake, but not as hard as some chicken burgers I tried in the past. And, of course, there had to be a sauce that complimented the chicken and tied the entire burger together.
My chicken burgers are packed with flavor, have a wonderful texture, and satisfy my burger cravings. Pair with a gluten-free hamburger bun, lettuce wrap, or alone. But, make sure you slather my Roasted Red Pepper Sauce on them! The sauce takes the chicken burgers to a level of deliciousness I cannot put well into words. You’ll just have to try it for yourself.
This recipe uses ground chicken, not whole chicken pieces. My ground chicken was 100% breast and a combination of light and dark meat will work as well.
I make my own gluten-free bread crumbs, and if you don’t, you can find them in your local grocery store or on Amazon.
If you want to make your own gluten-free hamburger buns, find my recipe here.
The Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is linked in the ingredient list of the recipe and you can also find it here.
I cooked the burgers on a Blackstone Griddle, and they can also be cooked on the grill or in a skillet on the stove.
discover. cook. enjoy.
Tasty, Juicy Chicken Burgers
- Add the ground chicken to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Crack and add the egg to the bowl. Measure and add all the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. Mix gently with a large spoon to combine. Use your hands for the final mix if you like.
- Line a half-sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Empty the ground chicken mix onto the sheet pan. Form into a rectangle, making sure it is even. Split, using a knife or your hands, into four equal parts. Roll each part into a ball and then flatten with your hand to make a patty.
- Heat a Blackstone griddle or skillet to medium-high. If using a Blackstone or skillet on the stove, add about a tablespoon of oil to the pan. Place the chicken burgers on the Blackstone or in the pan. Press down on each patty slightly with a sturdy spatula. You don't want to smash them, though. When you start to see opaque color on the sides of the burgers, add a small amount of oil to each and then flip and press slightly with a spatula. Cook for a few more minutes, or until cooked through, and then remove.
- Serve with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and on a gluten-free bun. Enjoy