To our surprise, Kielbasa sausage works wonderfully when combined with southwestern flavors such as lime, cilantro, and coriander. This unique taco is bursting with flavor, crunch, and deliciousness. Easy to make and cooked entirely on the grill, this dish may become your summer cookout favorite.
The Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette brings the flavors of the southwest and tempers the delicious fattiness of the Kielbasa. Grilled green onions, red onions, and red peppers add a fresh flavor and welcome texture.
- Kielbasa is full-cooked when purchased and only needs to be heated and charred on the grill.
- The green onions will take the least amount of time on the grill so keep an eye on them and pull when done.
- The vinaigrette can be doubled if you want even more sauce to add to the finished tacos.
- For added flavor and crunch, grill a couple of ears of corn and add them to the veggie mix. Spread, Earth Balance, kosher salt, and pepper over the ear of corn and wrap in foil. Grill until done. Let cool, and using a chef’s knife, cut the kernels from the corn. Add the veggie mix.
- Top with Cholula or your favorite hot sauce.
- Add some sour cream, guacamole, or avocado too!
discover. cook. enjoy.
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Grilled Kielbasa & Veggie Tacos with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
For the Meat & Veggies
- 1 lb polish sausage, Kielbasa
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 2 medium red peppers, cut into thirds
- 6 scallions, whole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
For the Vinaigrette
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup lime juice, fresh, about 2 limes
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp coriander, ground
- 1/4 tsp Mexican oregano, dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and pepper
For Garnish (optional)
- hot sauce, Cholula
- sour cream
Prep the Veggies and Kielbasa
- Cut the Kielbasa into two pieces and score the top of each piece. Quarter the red onion leaving the root base intact. Slice the red peppers into thirds and remove the core and seeds.
- Add the veggies to a half pan, drizzle with olive, and sprinkle kosher salt and pepper. Lightly mix the veggies to coat.
Make the Vinaigrette
- Finely chop the cilantro and add to a medium-sized squeeze bottle. Add the olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, coriander, and oregano, and mix well. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Set aside.
Grill the Veggies, Kielbasa, and Corn Tortillas
- Heat the grill and when ready, add the veggies. Grill until the veggies are cooked and nicely charred. If your grill is large enough, add the Kielbasa at the same time. The scallions will cook for about 2-3 minutes. Pull them off the grill when done. Pull the veggies and Kielbasa when done. Let cool for about 2-3 minutes or until they a cool enough to touch and not burn your hands.
- Slice the Kielbasa, scallions, red onion, and red peppers into bite-sized pieces and add to a large mixing bowl. Add about 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and gently mix to combine.
- Add the corn tortillas to the grill to heat up and add some char. They will not take long so keep an eye on them.
Serve and Enjoy!
- Fill a corn tortilla with the sausage and veggie mixture. Top with additional vinaigrette, Cholula sauce, and sour cream if desired. You can also add guacamole, avocado, or any of your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!