Remoulade sauce is a slightly more tangy alternative to tartar sauce and is my favorite sauce for our delectable crab cakes.
The two mustards and the tarragon vinegar bring the tang and the capers bring a wonderful brininess to this mayo-based seafood sauce.
I found this recipe on Epicurious years ago and have not changed from the original, yet.
discover. cook. enjoy.
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Tangy and Luscious Remoulade Sauce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, Best Foods or Hellmen's
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Sriracha Sauce, more if you like heat
- 1/8 tsp tarragon, dried
- 2 tsp capers, rough chopped
- 1 tsp Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, green part only, finely sliced
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
Mise en Place
- Gather all your ingredients. Chop the capers and place them in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Finely chop the parsley and add to the mixing bowl. Slice the scallion and place the mixing bowl.
Measure, Mix, and Finish
- Measure and mix the rest of the ingredients and add them to the mixing bowl. Add kosher salt and pepper to taste. Cover and place in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to meld, or eat it right away! Store covered in the fridge for up to one week.