An easy, one-pot dinner is the perfect meal for busy weekday nights. I started making this meal for lunch actually when I was looking for a hearty meal I could make while I worked at home without spending much time in the kitchen.
You probably have all the ingredients in your freezer already: bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, green beans, bacon, and potatoes. They roast together in the oven in one pan and the entire meal takes 40 minutes from start to finish. Simple ingredients seasoned well always make for a delicious meal.
In this recipe, I used Italian seasonings on the chicken and you can skip it entirely or add different seasonings to change up the flavors. Include the garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and black pepper for all options and add:
- Italian seasoning or oregano and basil for an Italian flavor
- Zatar for a Greek/Mediterranean flavor
- Cumin, coriander, and Mexican oregano for Mexican flavors
- Paprika, thyme, and rosemary for Spanish flavors
No matter how you season the chicken, this meal will be delicious, hearty, and quick.
discover. cook. enjoy.
Kitchen Gear and Products We Love
We have found that having the right tools in the kitchen can really help make cooking more fun and easy. Check out our favorite tools here! Also check out the gluten-free, dairy-free products we use and love here!
Quick, Easy, and Delicious One-Pot Chicken Dinner Recipe with Green Beans, Bacon, and Potatoes
- 1 lb chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 4 slices bacon, cut into lardons
- 12 oz green beans, Italian, cut, or whole, frozen
- 1 lb red potatoes, petite red, quartered
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- kosher salt and pepper
Mise en Place
- Gather all your ingredients. You will need a medium to large-sized roasting pan. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Quarter the potatoes. If they are larger, you may want to cut them even smaller. Cut the bacon into lardons (small strips about a quarter-inch thick).
Everything Into the Roasting Pan
- Add the chicken thighs, bottom side up to the roasting pan. Drizzle each thigh with sunflower oil and then sprinkle each thigh well with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Flip the thighs (skin side up now), drizzle with sunflower oil, and season the same way you seasoned the other side. Move the thighs to one side of the roasting pan.
- Add the green beans, potatoes, and bacon to the other side of the roasting pan. Drizzle with sunflower oil and season with kosher salt and pepper. Mix to combine and spread out in one layer.
- Place the roasting pan in a 400-degree oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Let the chicken rest for about five minutes after removing from the oven, serve, and enjoy!