Brussels sprouts are a polarizing vegetable. You either love these mini cabbages or hate them with a passion. If you love Brussels sprouts and are looking for a new way to cook them, this recipe is for you.
My favorite way to cook Brussels sprouts is to roast them with salt, pepper, and oil, which I did in this recipe, but, I took it a step further. Once they emerged from the oven, I added them to a skillet with maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and horseradish. That’s when they really came to life!
- Add more maple syrup if you would like a sweeter flavor
- Add more balsamic vinegar if you would like more acid and punch
- Bacon would be a terrific garnish, or you could cook the bacon before adding the rest of the ingredients into the skillet. Remember to save some of the bacon for garnish before you add the wet ingredients.
- Top mellow out the flavors a bit, you could add a tablespoon of Earth Balance to the glaze.
This quick and easy recipe will leave a lasting impression of deliciousness! Serve as a side dish with beef, pork, or chicken, or eat as a snack, which I do often!
discover. cook. enjoy.
Kitchen Gear and Products We Love
We have found that having the right tools in the kitchen can really help make cooking more fun and easy. Check out our favorite tools here! Also check out the gluten-free, dairy-free products we use and love here!
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Roasted, Maple-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- sunflower or olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
For the Glaze
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, 100%, not additives
- 1 tbsp horseradish, prepared
- 1/2 tsp thyme, dried, 1/4 tsp if using fresh, finely chopped
Prep and Roast the Brussels
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice ends off the Brussels and then slice in half long-ways. If the Brussels are large, you may want to quarter them.
- Add sliced Brussels to a sheet pan. Drizzle with sunflower or olive oil to coat and then sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Mix lightly to coat. Turn every Brussels sprout so the flat side is down. Place in a 400-degree oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Make the Glaze
- Measure your ingredients prep bowls. Heat a large skillet to medium and add all the ingredients. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the Brussels are out of the oven, add them to the skillet and mix to coat. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!